(ConventionPlanit.com receives no commissions nor are there any hidden charges when processing RFP's online. To send an RFP online, open the above e-mail address,
attach document and send, or complete on-line template)
Description: Experience why 98% of convention planners and tradeshow executives declare that San Jose is great for meetings and tradeshows. The reasons? Three words: Ease of booking!
Yep, unlike other destinations, San Jose has a unique model where with one phone call a planner can be connected and check availability for the San Jose McEnery Convention Center and over 8,000 hotel rooms – 850 rooms are connected to the convention center and another 1,500+ within a block. On top of the stellar hotel package, San Jose’s compact campus like downtown allows conventions to truly own the city. San Jose offers the ease of booking the destination as if it were a big box hotel property. This saves the event planner valuable time, energy and resources, so they can focus on the success of the meeting.
Bigger, Better Convention Center
• The San Jose Convention Center recently debuted its $130-million makeover and introduced an additional 169,957 square feet of flexible ballroom and meeting space with a hip, modern design and state-of-the-art technology – bringing the new grand total to 550,000 square feet of flexible space.
New Wickedly Fast Free Wi-Fi
• In an ongoing effort to deliver the best experience for meeting planners and attendees, Team San Jose launched Wickedly Fast Free Wi-Fi – a new industry leading, complimentary Wi-Fi service where one connection covers an attendee from the Mineta San Jose International Airport (SJC), to the downtown core and throughout the San Jose McEnery Convention Center.
• The Wickedly Fast Free Wi-Fi’s infrastructure was created by leading Silicon Valley technology companies and this world class technology experience was designed with the modern tech attendee in mind to deliver reliable, fast, free Wi-Fi. Unlike many other free Wi-Fi services that cannot accommodate the modern needs of multiple device users, San Jose provides enough bandwidth so that thousands of attendees and business travelers can utilize their devices simultaneously without lag.
• Team San Jose also has introduced new networking packages for groups that require customization of their event networks to provide these superior services at a fraction of the cost. These technology options are available to fit the needs of different types of meetings, increase flexibility and reduce costs to meeting planners, up to 50% savings for comparable services in other venues.
Features: Audio/Visual Services, Internet Connectivity, Convention Housing, Registration Staffing, Onsite Concierge, Catering, Multiple Branding Opportunities, Community Discount Programs, Public Relations
Green/Environmental Initiatives: Fully embracing the City’s Green Vision, Team San Jose, the Convention Center and the Cultural Facilities boast a variety of environmentally forward practices including:
• Composting services (one of the few West Coast centers to offer such services)
• The first ChargePoint America electrical vehicle charging stations in San Jose, allowing the public to charge electric cars for free at the Convention Center public parking garage
• Achieved over 87% Convention Center and Cultural Facilities Diversion rate in Fiscal Year
• 2012-2013. This percentage represents the amount of waste generated from the facilities that is diverted from landfills by being recycled, repurposed or composted
• The Convention Center is applying for LEED silver certification by the U.S. Green Building Council, with 95% of demolition spoils (nearly 1,300 truckloads) being recycled or reused in the construction of the new expansion
• Eliminating approximately 200 million pounds of carbon dioxide that is annually associated with convention power generation, by partnering with the Tech Museum and installing solar panels on the roof of neighboring Parkside Hall