(ConventionPlanit.com receives no commissions nor are there any hidden charges when processing RFP's online. To send an RFP online, open the above e-mail address,
attach document and send, or complete on-line template)
Description: New Orleans & Company is the award-winning Destination Marketing Organization for the New Orleans tourism industry. Our team of experienced professionals understand the unique culture and our passion is to help you deliver it to your attendees with heightened attention to detail and authenticity. We engage long-established relationships with over 1,100 of our member partners to find the right solution for your organization.
Our Convention Sales team
is here to help you through the planning process. We will:
* Assist you in identifying & sourcing the hotels that best fit your program
* Source RFPs to the hotels of your choosing
* Collect hotel responses at your request
* Provide a comprehensive list of hotel availability and rates
* Build site inspection itineraries, plan transportation, city tours, and venue sites
and much more
* Provide updates on what is taking place in New Orleans
* Communicate directly on safety and preparedness for our visitors
Our Convention Services team
will be with you every step of the way to:
* Create custom site itineraries for definite groups
* Coordinate and conduct city site inspections
* Build customized housing and/or event maps
* Connect the meeting planner with local vendors, venues, and services
* Provide city updates and guidance on navigating city requirements
* Serve as the go-to expert for all New Orleans centric questions.
Our Group Public Relations team
is an extension of your communications team, with an arsenal of attendance-building tools, that can:
* Customize e-marketing templates including Save The Date e-mail blasts and
* Build microsites to inform attendees
* Provide promotional videos and images
* Create social media posts to engage followers and promote registration
* Produce prewritten copy for promotional assets
* Connect groups with voluntourism opportunities
* Offer counsel with local media relations.
New Orleans Has Elevated the Meeting Experience with Many New Developments.
* Louisiana House Bill 826
A New Louisiana Law provides sweeping limitations from lawsuits relating to COVID-19, including protection for meeting planners and trade show and convention organizers.
* The New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center Achieved GBAC Accreditation.
* The Ernest N. Morial New Orleans Convention Center is one of the largest, most technically advanced meeting venues in the country, boasting more than one million square feet of contiguous exhibit space, a 4,000-seat conference auditorium, 12 separate or combinable halls, 140, newly renovated, individual meeting rooms and two ballrooms.
$557 million in modernizations to the interior, exterior, restrooms and meeting rooms underway at the center.
$60 million linear park development along Convention Center Boulevard completed November 2020.
New Multi modal transportation center opened in 2019 at the Ernest N. Morial New Orleans Convention Center.
Several New Luxury and Boutique hotel Developments have added to New Orleans robust hotel inventory.
Mississippi Riverfront Development to include The Four Seasons Hotel and Residences opening April 2021
Development of the Convention Center District to include the expansion of the National World War II Museum
New State of The Art Airport Terminal Opened in November 2019
Features: Room block assistance, group housing, venue search, vendor selection, attendance building, convention services team, transportation, marketing/pr services
Located in the heart of New Orleans, the Mercedes-Benz Superdome has captivated audiences from all over the world hosting Super Bowls, Final Fours, major concerts, Monster Jam, and festivals of all kinds. Whether planning an event for a few hundred guests or a few thousand, the Superdome is the ideal location. From turf parties on the arena floor, general sessions, trade shows or smaller attendance events such as corporate meetings or weddings, the Superdome has the space and the technology to take your event to the next level.
Smoothie King Center
The Smoothie King Center has taken its place as the number one entertainment and sports venue in the region. It is adjacent to the iconic Mercedes-Benz Superdome and within close proximity to downtown, the French Quarter, and thousands of first-class hotel rooms. Utilizing its flexible seating configurations and an upper level curtain system, clients are able to create the ideal setting for any special event or general session. The Smoothie King Center is New Orleans’ premier facility for a wide variety of events.
Mardi Gras World
To get the feeling of Mardi Gras year-round, visit Mardi Gras World, the largest float designing and building facility in the world. Tours and events at Mardi Gras World give visitors an opportunity to learn about the history and traditions of Mardi Gras while watching artists and carpenters construct floats from the ground up. In the Float Den, attendees can drink, dance and network surrounded by the color and splendor of real floats. The venue is conveniently located on the Mississippi River and provides a beautiful backdrop for outdoor events – day or night. The variety of indoor and outdoor spaces allows planners to customize their environment.
The National World War II Museum
Since its opening day on D-Day – June 6, 2000 – nearly two million visitors have toured the National WWII Museum. A must-see for history lovers and all patriots, it has been designated by the U.S. Congress as “America’s official World War II Museum.” From intimate gatherings in the Purple Heart Board Room to stunning performances in BB’s Stage Door Canteen, or a large reception in the Campaigns of Courage Pavilion, guests can experience the glamour, innovation and strength of “the war that changed the world.” With more than 10 unique, cultural rooms and spaces within the museum’s campus, events of all sizes can find a fit at The National World War II Museum.
Savor the beauty and romance of the New Orleans skyline aboard the last authentic steamboat on the Mississippi River. The well-equipped vessel hosts dinners daily and tours can be booked for private events of any size. Cruising on the river gives attendees a different perspective on the city and inspires innovation and creativity.
Green/Environmental Initiatives: Green Hospitality NOLA
New Orleans’ hospitality industry is coming together to achieve greater sustainability. As enhancements are occurring within the New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center building, and numerous hotels and venues look to renovate and expand, New Orleans & Company seeks to broaden efforts city-wide by establishing a new coalition. Green Hospitality Nola is a local effort to bring together hotels and venues to advance sustainability initiatives for New Orleans.