When IMEX America takes place in Las Vegas on 13 – 15 October, it will again bring the US and global meetings industry together to do business, to learn and to network.
As well as the three day exhibition, there will be a vast range of co-located events organized by industry partner associations that will create more superb education and networking opportunities.
First is the SITE Young Leaders Conference starting on Sunday October 11th and continuing on to Monday. This is an important event for industry professionals under 35 and complements the IMEX-MPI-MCI Future Leaders Forum also taking place in Las Vegas later in the week.
Smart Monday, powered by MPI, is a day packed with learning and networking events, kicking off with MPI’s first key note of the week with Lee Papa, and also featuring the PCMA Business School and the Association Focus, designed by IMEX together with ASAE and ICCA.
Additional Smart Monday co-located events include:
• The CEIR Golf Classic, at Rio Secco Golf Club and sponsored by the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority, a great opportunity to network with industry colleagues in a relaxed but gently competitive environment while raising funds for industry research.
• Association Evening, sponsored by and located at SLS Las Vegas in its spectacular Foxtail Nightclub, which brings together Association Focus delegates with exhibitors who are members of one of the organizing associations (ICCA, AIPC, IAEE, IACC, DMAI, PCMA, IAPCO and ASAE: The Center of Association Leadership).
• SITE Nite North America, at the brand new Omnia Nightclub, Caesars Palace, is where 1200 SITE members and industry professionals get together for a superb evening of conversation and connections.
On Tuesday October 13
• CIC Hall of Leaders & Pacesetter Awards, at the MGM Grand, honors the industry’s outstanding leaders and innovators and for its 20th anniversary event will feature a new cocktail reception format.
• DMC Network and Ovation Talent Search, is where industry members will take the stage at the Marquee in the Cosmopolitan hotel and share their talents for a chance to win a 7-day European vacation from Starwood and 2 First Class tickets on United (online audition videos required prior to the event).
Taking place on Wednesday October 14 is
• The MPI Foundation Rendezvous, co-sponsored by Caesars & IMEX, offering a superb night of socializing and dancing to a top DJ at the spectacular Drai’s Beach Club and Nightclub at the Cromwell Boutique Hotel and Casino while raising money for the MPI Foundation.
Part of the IMEX mission is also to give back to the local community, and IMEX’s partners play an important role in making this possible.
Treasure Island is sponsoring the IMEX Badge Back program this year where attendees departing the show are asked to place their badges in one of two containers triggering monetary donations to The Shade Tree, a Las Vegas shelter for women and children, or Opportunity Village, a non-profit providing training and job opportunities for people with intellectual disabilities in the Las Vegas area.
IMEX, together with sustainability partners MeetGreen®, will also be assisting the Shade Tree shelter with a new recycling initiative, Evergreen Shade Tree, supported by AlliedPRA, with contributions from MPI and Wonderful Copenhagen.